The children of Prudent Loiselle migrate to Chile, Dakota’s and various points of New England …
|Prudent Loiselle-Sinot is 6th Generation of Loisel’s in Canada, descendant of Louis Loisel and Marguerite Charlot.
Aurora Loiselle is great granddaughter of Moise Loiselle, and 10th generation descendant of Louis Loisel.
Aurora has a great collection of letters exchanged by Veronique Poulet and the children of Prudent Loiselle as the family was separated by the distance places that their lives took them. Aurora had copies of many of these photos and letters for display at the Louis Loisel descendants meeting in Jun 2013. A copy of a presentation that she created is attached here. Moyse Loiselle by Aurora Loiselle
Prudent Loiselle-Sinot was born Jan 22, 1797 in Beloeil Quebec. In his baptism certificate, his name was written at Prudent Sinode, his parents and godparents were listed as “Toussaint Sinode laboureur et de Josette Tetro…Le parain a ete Prudent Sinode et la marain Marie Anne Tetro”
Prudent was married twice and had a total of sixteen children. Click on the Family Chart below to see his children:
Prudent married first to Julie Tetreau on February 17, 1817.
February 17, 1817: Marriage de Prudent Loisel f. mn. feu Toussaint & Josephte Tetreau (S. Marc) et Julie Tetreau f. mn. Augustin et feu Cecile Tetreau (S. Marc); Dispense du 4e au 4e degree consanguinite. Tem. Antoine Guyon: beau-pere de l’epoux, Toussaint & Amable Loisel: freres de l’epoux; Edouard Tetreau: frere de l’epouse. (Xource: Transcript of Register of Paroisse St.-Marc-sur-Richelieu, Co. Vercheres, Quebec; LDS film # 1293424)
They were 3rd cousins!
Julia Tetreau died in childbirth in 1831 leaving behind 8 living children. Prudent remarried to Veronique Poulet in 1833.
Prudent’s children ended up spreading across North America
- Moise Loiselle b 1819 went to Fort Vancouver in 1856 working as a baker with with the Sisters of the Providence and arrived in Valparaiso, Chile in January 1859
- Marguerite Loiselle b 1822 maried Isadore Jodoin in St Marc in 1846. They migrated to Manchester, New Hampshire.
- Mathias Loiselle b 1824 married Vitaline Provost in St Marc in 1848. They migrated to Bottineau, North Dakota
- Abraham Loiselle b 1826 married Adele Charron in 1847 in St-Charles-sur-Richelieu and then remarried Elmire Lapierre in 1873 in St-Hyacinthe, QC. He was for a time in Lowell MA (1883) and died in 1909 in New Hampshire.
- Odile Loiselel b 1828 married Marc Chicoine in St Marc in 1851. They migrated to Sioux City Iowa on way to Jefferson South Dakota.
- Prudent Loiselle b 1838 maried Philomene Jodouin in 1860 in St-Antoine-sur-Richelieu. They migrated to Killingly, Connecticut
Abraham Loiselle and Odile Charron
Odile Loiselle and Marc Chicoine, 1881
Mathilde Loiselle and Joseph Trudel, 1889
Marguerite Loiselle married Isadore Jodoin
And perhaps there are other Prudent Loiselle descendants out there that have other letters and photos shared between the siblings as they were separated by distance.