We had a meeting of Louis Loisel descendants in Montreal on Jun 29, 2013. Here is a photo of some the Louis Loisel descendants that participated in the events of the day.
|Photo provided by Aurora Loiselle. The photo was taken in the Chapelle Bonsecours. In the photo are (from left to right): Our “coureur de bois” guide, Fern Sinotte and Glenda Harris, Aurora Loiselle, Tom his son Chris Loiselle, Henri Loiselle, Andree Sinotte, Karen Sinotte, Mona Sinotte, Raymonde Sinotte and her beau Norman. Featuring the Banner that Aurora Loiselle created for our first meetnng of the Sinotte Loiselle Family Association. Missing from the photo are Paula, Bruce, Marcelo who were taking photos!|
The descendants of Louis Loisel came from far and wide, including: Rhode Island, Saskachewan, Ontario and Quebec, including one from Chile, who now lives in Canada.
The following relationships were noted amongst the meeting participants:
- Fern, Andree and Ray were the closest relationships … they are siblings.
- Fern/Ray/Andree and Mona are third cousins.
- Aurora and Fern are 5th cousins 2x removed
- The most distant relationship in the group was Colin who is 8th cousin to most everyone in at the gathering, some one or two generations removed.
- The “youngest” generation at the Sinotte Loiselle Family gathering would have been Karen, Colin and Chris (they were all generation 12)
- The “oldest” generation in the room was represented by Aurora (she is generation 10)
Click on the tree here to see the chart that shows how all the people attending the meeting are related [Bill Loiselle, Jack Wisell, Maurice Loiselle couldn't come to the Montreal but we added them to the family tree here].
Everyone at the Sinotte Loiselle family gathering shared the first three generations on the chart.
- Generation 0: The parents of Louis Loisel, Louis Loysel and Jeanne LeTerrier came from France.
- Generation 1: Louis Loisel and Marguerite Charlot came to Montreal in August 1647
- Generation 2: Joseph Loisel married Jeanne Langlois and was the only surviving child of Louis Loisel to carry on the Loisel family name.
- Generation 3: Jean-Baptiste Loiselle married Marie-Anne Beaudry and raised their family in Pointe-aux-Trembles, QC.
How to read the Family Tree Chart:
- The “couples” highlighted in Red Boxes on the Tree Chart shown here are common ancestors.
- The Red Numbers on the left of the chart, show the generations. I showed Louis Loyzel and Jeanne LeTerrier from France as “0″ and started counting with Louis Loisel and Marguerite Charlot, as the first generation in Canada.
- All the relationships are shown relative to Karen Sinotte
Here is the example for how Tom Loiselle and Karen Sinotte are related.
Tom’s ”branch” is the 3th column from the right, Karen’s “branch” is the second column from the right.This shows that Tom is the 11th generation descendant of Louis Loisel m. Marguerite Charlot. Karen is the 12th generation of Louis Loisel. The red bubble numbers at the left of the page give a count of the generations in Canada, starting with generation 1 being Louis Loisel m Marguerite Charlot.Karen and Tom share common ancestors at Toussaint Loiselle m Marie Anne Hogue which at the 4th generation descendant of Louis Loisel. These are the “grandparents” that Tom and Karen share in common, the next generation (5th generation) are “uncles” and then the generation, the generation after that (6th generation) are first cousins. There are six generations between Tom and these “first cousins”. There is one generation that separates Karen and Tom. That makes Karen and Tom 6th cousins 1x removed.